Are you struggling with your career? Feeling like you’re not good enough? Like your career is in a downward spiral and there’s no way to recover? Well, you’re not alone. A lot of people feel this way, especially women. But the truth is that you can overcome any career setback. It may not be easy, but it’s definitely possible. And one of the best ways to do it is by using career affirmations.
Check out these tips on how to use positive affirmations to overcome career setbacks and start thriving again!
We should all strive to work in a job that makes us as happy and fulfilled as possible. After all, we spend a lot of time at our job each day, so it makes sense that it should be enjoyable and rewarding!
However, everyone experiences career setbacks at some point in their lives, such as missing out on a promotion or being unable to find a new job. We all give it our all at work, but things don’t always go as planned.
As a result, it’s easy to feel defeated when you’re struggling a long day at work, considering a career change, or feeling a little lost on your journey.
But, you should recognize that it is perfectly normal to feel disappointed and unsatisfied with your work from time to time. The issue arises when you feel this way on a consistent and long-term basis. In that case, you should evaluate what is causing you to feel this way.
So, how do you get past those career setbacks when they come up?
From my experience, I believe this is where career affirmations will help you overcome your career setback.
By using career affirmations, you can overcome these bumps in the road, boost your confidence and increase your job satisfaction.
What are career affirmations?
Perhaps you’re already familiar with Affirmations. Simply put, affirmations are positive phrases used to help you cope with difficult emotions and overcome self-sabotaging thoughts.
Affirmations can be used for a number of purposes, including improving your self-esteem, improving your attitude toward your body image, helping you achieve your health goals, reducing stress and negative emotions associated with travel, and changing your money mindset.
But what about career affirmations? What exactly are they?
Career affirmations are positive statements that help you focus on your career goals and stay motivated during difficult times. They can be used to overcome career setbacks such as being passed up for a promotion or not being able to find the perfect job.
They are an effective tool for reminding you of your strengths, boosting confidence, relieving stress, and fostering motivation during difficult times.
Career affirmations provide an alternative way of thinking about our problems or situations instead of focusing on negative thoughts or limiting beliefs (such as “I suck”) you focus on positive thinking.
Why career Affirmations Are Important?
According to Verywell Mind career affirmations have a lot of advantages, such as the following:
- help reduce stress levels and improve your work performance,
- help you focus on your career goals, and
- keep you motivated and positive during difficult times.
Furthermore, career affirmations will boost your confidence. It is easier to achieve your goals when you have the right mindset and are confident in your abilities.
How to incorporate career affirmations in your daily routine?
There are several ways to incorporate career affirmations into your daily routine, but these are my favorites:
- One way is to write them down every morning and recite them throughout the day.
- Another way is to have a list of career affirmations saved in your mobile or laptop, that you can refer to when needed. (Please feel free to download my list.)
- You can also post career affirmations in places where you will see them often, such as on your bathroom mirror, refrigerator or monitor.
You can also use career affirmations to help you get rid of negative thoughts before an important work event such as a meeting with your boss, job interview, or a big presentation.
For instance, let’s say you have a big presentation coming up and you’re feeling very anxious about it, and you’re constantly thinking:
“I’m so terrible at delivering presentations, and there’s no way I could speak in front of all those people. Of course, they will think I’m stupid. I should just quit.”
In this case, you might replace this negative thought/ limiting belief with a positive affirmation:
“I am confident and capable. I will do great in my presentation.”
When you face a career setback, or you’re attempting to change your career path but it’s taking longer than expected, or you’re simply feeling unmotivated, it’s easy to become discouraged and lose faith in yourself. But with the help of career affirmations, you can stay positive and focused on reaching your goals. They allow you to think big and remain optimistic during difficult times.
Career Affirmations for your Current Job
Let’s take a look at how you can use these affirmations to help you in your current job:
- I am grateful for my work
- I’m excited about my career possibilities
- I love my career as it allows me to grow as well as makes me financially abundant.
- My voice is always respectfully heard at work because I am a valued member of the team.
- I possess all of the skills required for my position.
- I am more than capable of doing what is required of me.
- Even if there are issues, I am able to turn them into learning opportunities.
- I am a respected member of my team and I give value to the company.
- I am able to have a work-life balance.
- It’s fine that things are going slower than I anticipated because I recognize my goals and am completely dedicated to my long-term success.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I am passionate about my career.
- My skillset is unique and valuable.
- I am taking steps towards my career goals.
- Every day, I’m getting better and better at my job.
- I can handle any challenge that comes my way.
- My boss believes in me.
- I will do great in my presentation.
- I am worthy of success.
- My coworkers enjoy working with me.
- I will succeed in whatever I do.
- It’s not wrong to ask for help, so I’ll do so more often.
- I am capable of succeeding at anything I set my mind to.
Affirmations for Career Change
These career affirmations are useful when looking for your dream job or changing careers:
- I was born to be an entrepreneur. When an opportunity presents itself, I recognize it and seize it.
- I consistently bring in the best projects and people to complete them.
- I have the power to change my career, mind, direction, and passions. And I don’t owe anything to no one.
- I am capable of achieving whatever goals I set for myself.
- Interviews do not frighten me.
- I am confident that I will find the right job for me.
- I am skilled and qualified for the jobs I want.
- My skills will help me find a new job.
- I am capable of anything I set my mind to.
- The most important commitment I have is to myself. I will choose a career path that respects my worth, passions, and authenticity.
- I am powerful, and I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am passionate and dedicated to my career, even if I change my mind about my path.
When faced with a career setback, it’s easy to become discouraged and lose faith in yourself. But with the help of career affirmations, you can stay positive and focused on reaching your goals. They allow you to think big and remain optimistic during difficult times.
Career affirmations are a fantastic way to begin your day, especially if you’re having trouble at work. Try using career affirmations the next time you have a job setback or if you need a confidence boost.
But you don’t have to wait for a career setback to start practicing affirmations. Whether you want more confidence, greater success in your job search or just feel better about yourself and the future of your career path, career affirmations can help you rewire your limiting beliefs and give you that extra push towards your goals.
So, which affirmation are you going to try first?
>>Read more: How to Stay Motivated and Make Healthy Choices: Health Affirmations